Total Pageviews

Monday, January 13, 2014

Back in Canada! Winnipeg MB

Hey Awesome Fans of Lucas' Awesome Road Trip Across Canada!

I am back in Canada! This means that I can actually use my phone!

The USA was great but it's nice to be back in Canada. Because that is the point of this CANADIAN road trip, right? The trip back into Canada wasn't bad. It took 9 hours and 15 minutes. Since us guys don't need our beauty sleep as much we decided to get up and on the road at about quarter to 8 am. The border wasn't terrible, so it only took us about half an hour to get through. In total it took us about 9 and a quarter hours. So we checked in at about 5 pm.

The next morning my father and I went to the Forks Market. It is a little like Ottawa's Byward Market. We had breakfast at The Original Pancake House. It was very good! Also at the Forks Market, we went to the Winnipeg Railway Museum, where we saw the Countess of Dufferin, the first steam locomotive on the Canadian Prairies.

We also passed the Museum for Human Rights, which is set to open in mere months on September 14th, 2014. It's the only museum not in Ottawa that is paid for by the government of Canada! I would love to go back one day when it's open.

One museum that was open was the Winnipeg Art Gallery, which is Canada's oldest gallery. I'm not a huge fan of art galleries, but my dad wanted to go so he dragged me along. I was interested in the contemporary Inuit art; they have world's largest public collection. I like the attention to detail with some of the sculptures.

The weather was unseasonably hot (mid 30s rather than mid 20s), so we were happy to be inside.


The Countess of Dufferin
Inuit contemporary art sculpture I saw at the Winnipeg Art Gallery
The Forks Market


No comments:

Post a Comment